INTENSE PULSED LIGHT – PHOTOFACIAL IPL
IPL Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is similar to laser technology, but instead of consisting of a single wavelength, is made up of several wavelengths, and delivered in short controlled pulses which control the depth of penetration into the skin. IPL has many applications, ranging from hair removal, acne treatment, and improvement in melasma, to general skin rejuvenation.
What issues do IPL Photofacials address?
• Age spots
• Brown spots
• Broken capillaries around the face and nose
• Freckles on the face, chest and hands
• Dark circles beneath the eyes
• Uneven skin texture
• Discoloration due to sun damage
How do IPL Photofacials work?
• Your IPL photofacial treatment will typically start with the gentle application of a layer of ultrasound gel. A hand piece is then applied to your skin.
• The IPL hand device delivers a broad spectrum of light to the skin. The blood and melanin of the skin absorb the light, triggering your body’s natural healing process. As your body works to heal itself, it removes damaged tissue, discoloration and irregularities.
• Multiple sessions are recommended for optimum results.
Are you a candidate for IPL Photofacials?
• IPL treatments are not safe for darker skin tones. To find out if you are a candidate, please schedule your consultation.
At Nuance Facial Plastics, all treatments are performed by Dr. Summit Kundaria, in contrast to many other clinics and medical spas, where IPL treatments are typically done by aestheticians or nurses. Having an experienced surgeon perform the procedures enables the patients to get the most out of every IPL Photofacial.
Schedule a Consultation
Nuance Facial Plastics
309 S Sharon Amity Rd, Ste 202
Charlotte, NC 28211