Though the most common use of neurotoxins is in the upper 1/3rd of the face, the power to selectively paralyze facial muscles and block nerve impulses gives it many uses that are outside of the mainstream.
- Botulinum toxin has been extensively studied and proven to be a great treatment for medically refractory migraines.
- The massater muscle is a very strong muscle that helps close your jaw when you bite. If you put your hands on the sides of your face and bite forcefully, you will feel them contract. Treating these muscles can help slim your face from a front view, and also lessen symptoms of TMJ pain in people that suffer from it.
- Hyperhydrosis, excessive sweating of the underarms, palms, or any other part of the body can be treated.
- Vertical neck bands are caused by the platysma muscle, and selective paralysis of this can make them less prominent.
- Some people have an overactive mentalis muscle in their chin. Look in the mirror and count to 10. If you have an “orange peel chin” look while you count, this can be treated.
- The “gummy smile” that results from too much upper lip elevation with smiling can be made less “gummy”.
- The depressor septi nasi muscle pulls the nasal tip down, and some people have an overactive nasal tip with too much vertical motion when they speak or chew.
- “Bunny lines“, or diagonal nasal lines that some people have when they smile, can be treated
- “Resting bitch face“, or a resting “angry” look, can sometimes be due to an overactive depressor angularis oris muscle that pulls the corners of the mouth down.
Schedule a Consultation
Nuance Facial Plastics
309 South Sharon Amity Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28211
"I recently had an Adam's apple reduction procedure with Dr. Kundaria. From the consultation, Dr. Kundaria and his staff were incredibly welcoming and very knowledgeable about my procedure; he answered all my questions thoroughly and honestly. The results and recovery from my procedure aligned with everything he told me and I couldn't as for better results! I highly recommend visiting Nuance Facial Plastics to anyone looking for an excellent doctor and amazing results!"