Though the most common use of neurotoxins is in the upper 1/3rd of the face, the power to selectively paralyze facial muscles and block nerve impulses gives it many uses that are outside of the mainstream.
- Botulinum toxin has been extensively studied and proven to be a great treatment for medically refractory migraines.
- The massater muscle is a very strong muscle that helps close your jaw when you bite. If you put your hands on the sides of your face and bite forcefully, you will feel them contract. Treating these muscles can help slim your face from a front view, and also lessen symptoms of TMJ pain in people that suffer from it.
- Hyperhydrosis, excessive sweating of the underarms, palms, or any other part of the body can be treated.
- Vertical neck bands are caused by the platysma muscle, and selective paralysis of this can make them less prominent.
- Some people have an overactive mentalis muscle in their chin. Look in the mirror and count to 10. If you have an “orange peel chin” look while you count, this can be treated.
- The “gummy smile” that results from too much upper lip elevation with smiling can be made less “gummy”.
- The depressor septi nasi muscle pulls the nasal tip down, and some people have an overactive nasal tip with too much vertical motion when they speak or chew.
- “Bunny lines“, or diagonal nasal lines that some people have when they smile, can be treated
- “Resting bitch face“, or a resting “angry” look, can sometimes be due to an overactive depressor angularis oris muscle that pulls the corners of the mouth down.
Schedule A Consultation
Schedule A Consultation
Nuance Facial Plastics
309 South Sharon Amity Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28211
“I had a great experience in the office today. As soon as I walked in I felt immediately welcomed by Noelle. She did a great job of helping me understand the process before I began. Today I had laser hair removal done Cindy Roberts. She did a wonderful job by explaining me step by step of what she was doing. That made me feel really comfortable as I sat in the chair. Dr Summit Kundaria worked on my upper lip for the hair removal and explained how everything works and what I should do once I walked out. Over all you can tell how each employee values customer care and the quality of their work. I would definitely recommend this place.”
“Awesome experience! Staff is exceptional and Dr. Kundaria is very knowledgeable and professional. Highly recommend”
“I had such a wonderful experience at this office. They made me feel so comfortable and answered every question I had about my procedure. So far my results have been fantastic and I can’t wait to see what the final result will be! I would highly recommend Dr. Kundaria and his staff!”
“Dr. Kundaria really listens to his patients, something not always found in plastic surgeons. Professional from the consultation, thru the procedure and even called to check on me after I was at home. I’ve also had injectables done by Dr Kundaria and always happy with results. I would and have recommend him to anyone who asks.”
“Dr. Kundaria and his staff is top notch. They were both were acceptive to my needs and I walked out of their office today feeling more alive than when I walked in.”