Though the most common use of neurotoxins is in the upper 1/3rd of the face, the power to selectively paralyze facial muscles and block nerve impulses gives it many uses that are outside of the mainstream.
- Botulinum toxin has been extensively studied and proven to be a great treatment for medically refractory migraines.
- The massater muscle is a very strong muscle that helps close your jaw when you bite. If you put your hands on the sides of your face and bite forcefully, you will feel them contract. Treating these muscles can help slim your face from a front view, and also lessen symptoms of TMJ pain in people that suffer from it.
- Hyperhydrosis, excessive sweating of the underarms, palms, or any other part of the body can be treated.
- Vertical neck bands are caused by the platysma muscle, and selective paralysis of this can make them less prominent.
- Some people have an overactive mentalis muscle in their chin. Look in the mirror and count to 10. If you have an “orange peel chin” look while you count, this can be treated.
- The “gummy smile” that results from too much upper lip elevation with smiling can be made less “gummy”.
- The depressor septi nasi muscle pulls the nasal tip down, and some people have an overactive nasal tip with too much vertical motion when they speak or chew.
- “Bunny lines“, or diagonal nasal lines that some people have when they smile, can be treated
- “Resting bitch face“, or a resting “angry” look, can sometimes be due to an overactive depressor angularis oris muscle that pulls the corners of the mouth down.
Schedule A Consultation
Schedule A Consultation
Nuance Facial Plastics
309 South Sharon Amity Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28211
“I had erbium laser resurfacing done by Dr. Kundaria five days ago and I am amazed by how quickly I am healing. The whole experience has been amazing! Dr. Kundaria has an excellent bedside manner, extremely attentive to my questions and any concerns I might have. He even called several times after the procedure to check on me at home. I feel very confident in any procedure he performs on me and would recommend him to everyone!!!”
“I had such an amazing experience with Dr. Kundaria!! Him and his staff were so incredibly helpful and made me feel so comfortable from the minute I walked in. I told him what my area of concern was and we made a plan based on my condition and concerns with keeping in mind my price point. He really cares and wants the patient to walk out with the best result possible. I can’t wait to see my final result after my series of laser treatments.”
“A wonderful find. Dr. Kundaria has a top notch, professional approach. There is no pressure or excess. Cindy Roberts did my laser hair removal and she, along with Noelle, answered every question and set my mind at ease explaining everything in detail. The office is clean and simply yet professional and comforting. I highly recommend Nuance and their staff. I am actually looking forward to my next treatment and future procedures.”
“I went for a consultation with Dr. Kundaria. After some significant time, he recommended an upper blepharoplasty. I had my procedure done a few weeks ago, and I am so pleased with everything. I look and feel like a million bucks. He called me the night of my procedure. He checked up on me during the long weekend. I didn’t have any pain, and the results are phenomenal. I highly recommend him to anyone. He is just awesome.”
“I recently went to Nuance Facial Plastics where I met Dr Kundaria. I met with him one on one and he took the time with me to answer all my questions and concerns. My initial thought was for me to come back and get my treatments but he took me right away to start the process. Everything he told me that would happen, did. He is very knowledgeable with all the procedures and was very thorough during the procedure. I’m excited for my next visit and I will not go to anyone else. Best doctor I have ever interacted with.”
“I initially visited Dr. Kundaria for a consultation. Dr. Kundaria answered all my questions thoroughly and took the time to explain treatments and procedures. After a thoughtful recommendation, I decided on Dysport and a facial laser treatment that day (my first experience with both treatments). Very happy with the results! I will definitely be returning and highly recommended Nuance Facial Plastics!”