OUR PRACTICE PHILOSOPHY
1. We aim to provide exceptional care by focusing on the complexities and the shades of grey that surround us.
- Cosmetic surgery is now obsolete in a world of new “cutting edge” products to rejuvenate the face without downtime or pain.
- You will look 20 years younger and not miss a day of work.
- This product is made from 100% natural and organic ingredients, so it cannot harm you.
- You are a perfect candidate for my new radio frequency device that has all of the benefits of a facelift and is quite honestly driving surgeons out of business.
“My favorite of my job is interacting with patients that come from all walks of life – the mother that comes to the clinic with her infant, the transgender patient that wants her looks to match how she feels, and the anxious banker that never saw himself in a plastic surgery clinic”
We cringe statements like those listed above, and pride ourselves on the way we educate and treat our patients with respect. Respect for the research you have done into treatments, and also respect for your intellect and ability to understand nuance. We know that our patients don’t need to have their options simplified into black and white, but that they appreciate a discussion about which shades of grey fit them.
2. We promote body image positivity.
- We will use marketing materials that promote a positive body image – no flawless, airbrushed faces and bodies altered to make you love yours less
- We use our in house photography setup for honest, reproducible imagery
- Consultations focus on patient concerns rather than on the array of services that they can consume
3. We strive to lower barriers to seeking information and treatment.
- There are many obstacles to people coming in for a consultation, both emotional and physical
- We promote a relaxed, approachable atmosphere
- We take pride in our appeal to patients that do not feel like they “belong” in a plastic surgery office
- Our office is a place where young parents with children feel comfortable taking a few minutes of “me” time during a treatment while their child enjoys the mini reef in the waiting room
- Consultations and certain treatments can be done in the comfort of your own home
If the best option for you is one that we do not provide, we happily refer you to someone that does. We avoid one-size-fits-all solutions and listen more than we talk, and look forward to meeting you and hearing your story.
Dr. Summit Kundaria
Summit Kundaria is a board certified head and neck surgeon that completed an accredited fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in California, where he had the opportunity to train with renowned facial plastic surgeons that specialized in surgery to address the aging face, nose, eyelids, and laser surgery.
He grew up on the Central Coast of California and attended Stanford University, where he earned undergraduate and graduate degrees in Chemical Engineering. He attended the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine after spending a year volunteering with inner city youth in Mumbai, India.
After graduating, he stayed at the University of Pittsburgh for a five-year residency in its top-ranked program Head and Neck Surgery.
After Residency, he stayed as faculty for one year before moving to Los Altos, CA, for a fellowship in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, where his education and practice consisted of rigorous training in surgical facial rejuvenation and rhinoplasty, as well as oculoplastic and hair surgery. Over the course of his training, he has presented at national and international meetings, authored and co-authored multiple peer-reviewed articles and book chapters.
But Dr. Kundaria believes that training at top institutions and under the guidance of leaders and pioneers in the fields of study does not make a good doctor or surgeon. Attention to detail, good judgment, compassionate care, and active listening are much more important to the care he delivers than his resumé. Though he is eternally thankful to have had the opportunities to study and train where he did, he prides himself more on the ability to connect with people and address their needs in a unique way, and with a sense of humor.
Schedule a Consultation
Nuance Facial Plastics
309 South Sharon Amity Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28211
"I recently had an Adam's apple reduction procedure with Dr. Kundaria. From the consultation, Dr. Kundaria and his staff were incredibly welcoming and very knowledgeable about my procedure; he answered all my questions thoroughly and honestly. The results and recovery from my procedure aligned with everything he told me and I couldn't as for better results! I highly recommend visiting Nuance Facial Plastics to anyone looking for an excellent doctor and amazing results!"